Sunday, August 16, 2009

24 hours back, and 24 things I love about California

Yesterday I returned home to the sunny state and I have a multitude of things to be thankful for now that I'm back. Here are just a few.

1 - The Weather! After a summer in hot and humid D.C., I walked out of the airport and was immediately reminded why this state, especially the Bay Area, is so amazing.

2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, - Lydia, Hudson, Simone, Rachel, Caroline, Katie, Sarah (& Dave!), Mom and Dad.

12 - San Francisco. I spent today in the city and it is not only gorgeous but unique.

13 - The Pacific ocean breeze. I will always love the fresh smell of salt water.

14 - My house. The old Victorian thing is getting a remodel.

15 - Berkeley's Homeless. After church today, I was walking down the street and a man was yelling, "there is only one God!" And, "Jesus was just a prophet." Apparently, a Christian man was talking with some other people about Jesus and this was the first man's way of protesting. He believed in Allah. Naturally, I stopped and talked to him. He turned out to be Berkeley's resident pseudo-spiritualist Muslim and also homeless. Quite an interesting fellow, but unfortunately I had to leave after 10 mins conversation.

16 - There are places here called Yogart Land and Yogart Park. Good dessert.

17 - AMC Emery Bay Theater. And friends willing to see movies with me!

18 - My piano!

19 - Trevor.

20. - The Golden Gate. I'll never get tired of that view.

21 - Toyata Prius. They're EVERYWHERE!

22 - Telegraph Avenue. Need people variety? Go there.

23 - The sun sets over the water.

24 - All of this can happen in just 24(ish) hours.

3 comments:

  1. I am suprised #19 is so far down on the list. Trevor would be higher on my list. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The list was not prioritized, William. Like the weather is awesome, but my family is probably more important. :)

    ReplyDelete